Welcome to adobo-down-under!

Musings. Family. Food. Stories. Cooking. Recipes. Eating. A recipe journal. From simple Filipino dishes to challenging recipes and exciting gastronomical failures. This is for my girls to look back on for comfort, memories, laughs, love and lots of food!

Friday, September 09, 2011

I’m stoked! Sweet and Savoury Family Favourites has been launched!

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney





Yesterday was the launch of the recipe book where I participated and submitted my father’s menudo recipe along with a story/memory.  It is a project of the council which coincides with History Week.  Across Sydney, councils are taking part and doing their own Eat History events and projects as part of the theme for the week from History Council NSW.  It was fortunate that even after a long lull from using the services of the local library, that I am still in their mailing list.  The moment I received the email invite, I called the library historian and expressed my interest.  A month after, here I am.  Stoked and still reeling from the excitement of last night. Call me shallow.  It’s not MY recipe book, but the fact that something I’ve written will be published in an actual book has driven me to the clouds.   Even though it is minute (adj)  in detail (it is just a page after all), I feel so proud and blessed to have had this opportunity where 2 of my passions are coming together – cooking and writing.  A big thank you to Ryde Council for this great opportunity.





I hope your week was just as exciting!  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...