Welcome to adobo-down-under!

Musings. Family. Food. Stories. Cooking. Recipes. Eating. A recipe journal. From simple Filipino dishes to challenging recipes and exciting gastronomical failures. This is for my girls to look back on for comfort, memories, laughs, love and lots of food!

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Mini cheesecakes galore


It has been busy for my new Chicago Metallic Mini Cheesecake Pans since they arrived just before the long weekend.  So far, it has produced 48 mini cheesecakes in a span of 3 days.  As it was too much cheesecakes to consume, I decided to invite some friends over as part of road-testing the pans.  I was not surprised the cheesecakes turned out well - two varieties of mini cheesecakes over the weekend. Who wouldn't want to share in a treat as a finish to the NSW long weekend?

Ah.... cheesecake heaven!
I've used my previous recipe post for the Oreo no-bake mini cheesecake, but had extra base and cake so made an extra one using a Willow mini pie tin.   For the blueberry topped cheesecake, I used the recipe printed on the mini pan's box.  It was simple and quick.  The blueberry topping was from the recipe of the NY Cheesecake I posted awhile back.


To make these mini cheesecakes I used: 

 1 - 250g pack Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup caster sugar
60ml thickened cream 
(something I added in the second batch as the first one was a bit too thick)

1 cup grounded graham crackers 
(recipe called for ground nuts but we used graham crackers.  I bought heaps when we made the strawberry ice-box cake)
90g melted butter
3 tbsp caster sugar


Pre heat oven to 175* C. Lightly grease the pans or use non stick spray.

Mix the ground graham crackers (or nuts if you're using) with the melted butter and sugar.  Scoop 1 to 1 and 1/2 tbsp evenly among the 12 cups and press with a small dessert spoon or with your thumb.  The crumbs should cover about 1/3 up the sides of the cups.

Using a hand-held mixer of stand mixer, cream the cheese and sugar together.  Add the egg, vanilla and thicken cream and mix until all together.

Scoop 1 tbsp each of the cheesecake batter into the cups. 

Bake for 14-15 minutes. 
(I checked the pan after 14 minutes and found the cake still a bit wobbly.  It too another 2 minutes to cook the cake.  But still, it should depend on the oven you're using.)

Remove from oven and place on a rack and cool for 20 minutes.
Serve with your favourite topping!

 
We took advantage of the blueberries which were on sale at the fruit shops for $3 a punnet!  I can't wait to try on other toppings with these pans!



Thanks to Bakers Royal which I found though Pinterest, for pointing me to the Chicago Metallic Mini Cheesecake Pans.  While my Oreo cheesecakes don't look as attractive, I think I did justice to the cheesecakes with the taste!


PS - The B&W photo above is making its way to Week 13 of The Well-Seasoned Cook's Black and White Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet, shiny, and seductive - exactly what you'd want in a fruit covered cheesecake.

    Thank you, Anna, for your BWW photo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...